Colorful Side Dishes Bring Pizzazz To Your Plate!
Mardi Gras Slaw:
This can be made with pre-bagged cole slaw mix if you choose.
1/3 cup canola mayonnaise
2 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
4 cups very thinly sliced red cabbage
1 cup very thinly sliced red cabbage
1/2 cup shredded carrot (1 medium)
3 thinly sliced green onions
Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
Serves 8 (serving about 1/2 cup)
Calories – 49, Fat-3.2g, carb-3.9g, Sodium-195mg
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 large parsnips, peeled, quartered, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 3 small beets, peeled, quartered, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices $
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices $
- 1 turnip, peeled, quartered, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled, quartered, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°. Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Add parsnip and next 4 ingredients; toss until vegetables are well coated. Add salt and pepper, and toss again. Place in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Stir vegetables, and bake 15 more minutes or until slightly crisp and golden but tender.
Kris Wetherbee, MyRecipes