Easy Pork Chop Recipe
by Paula | November 16, 2013 1:09 am
Guest blogger, Trisha DeHall, shares this delicious (and easy!) recipe for pork chops.
Lean cuts of pork are high in protein and low in fat. Add a side of veggies and you’ve got a clean meal that delivers all the right nutrients without waist-expanding carbs. Servings: 4
Here’s what you need…
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- sea salt
- 4 lean pork chops
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a large skillet warm 1 Tablespoon of the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the apples and onions. Sauté for 5 minutes until the apples are tender.
- Remove the apples and onions from the pan.
- Add the remaining Tablespoon of coconut oil to the pan and leave the heat on medium. Sprinkle cinnamon and salt on both sides of the pork chops then rub in.
- Place the pork chops in the pan, sear on each side for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil. Add the apples and onions back to the pan, cover and cook for about 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the almonds and serve the chops with a generous helping of the apples and onions.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 296 calories, 12g fat, 94mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 21g protein
Trisha DeHall is a Master Certified Personal Trainer, Colon Hydrotherapist, and Nutritionist.
Source URL: http://paulashealthyliving.com/easy-pork-chops/
Copyright ©2018 Paula's healthy living unless otherwise noted.