Egg Dish Casserole
I’ve shared this delicious recipe when I first launched the Paula’s Healthy Living website but wanted to share it again with all of my new followers. It’s one of my favorite dishes to make for brunches or family gatherings. It makes enough to feed 6 people or make it for your family and enjoy leftovers.
Egg Dish Casserole (originally seen in Oxygen magazine)
Makes 6 servings, ready in 70 minutes, calorie per serving- 128, total fat 2.5 g.
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. Black pepper
- 16 oz. fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup diced onion (vidalia if you can get them)
- 1 1/2 cup diced cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 tsp. olive oil ( or EVOO)
- pinch of sea salt
- 8 oz non-fat cottage cheese
- 8 oz Fit and Lively non fat vanilla yogurt (or plain greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup crumbled non fat feta (or low calorie cheddar cheese)
- 1 tbls. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/8 cup asiago/ romano blend cheese ( optional)
Turn on oven to 350 degrees. Coat glass or ceramic 8X8″ dish coated with butter flavored cooking spray. Pour in egg whites and pepper. Sauté onions, cauliflower, mushrooms in a non-stick pan with oil. Add to egg whites when cooled. Add cottage cheese, yogurt, feta. Stir till blended in the cooking dish. Sprinkle asiago on top. Bake for 45 min. If prefer a golden color on top, put under broiler, watching till desired color is achieved. Enjoy!