Mandarin Tilapia Spinach Salad
-6 oz. tilapia
-red pepper flakes
-2 cups baby spinach
-2 cups mixed greens
-sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
1. Heat oil in a skillet and brown almonds over medium heat, about 5 minutes.
2. Squeeze juice from the orange halves into a small bowl
3. Add orange juice and vinegar to skillet. Stir in chopped celery and
parsley. Mix all ingredients together and remove from pan; leave the heat
4. Brush tilapia fillets with olive oil and sprinkle with red pepper
flakes. Brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
5. Combine spinach and mixed greens in a large mixing bowl. Add the
cooked fish and pour almond mixture over top. Garnish with extra orange
slices, and season to taste.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 400, Total Fats: 27 g, Saturated Fat: 3.5 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 45 mg, Sodium: 150 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 19 g, Dietary Fiber: 7 g, Sugars: 8 g, Protein: 24 g, Iron: 3 mg