by Paula | January 2, 2013 1:45 am
1. A food scale- Available at large chain superstores, cooking stores, and on the internet.
2. Measuring spoons and cups- It may seem obvious, but measuring according to a low-fat recipe versus eye-balling the ingredients, can save you increased calorie counts on recipes. It is an easy fix.
3. Pasta measuring tool- It allows you to portion out between 1-4 portions of dry pasta such as spaghetti or those pasta’s that won’t easily fit into a measuring cup. It’s really beneficial for people who are only cooking one or two portions and don’t want to cook off a whole box.
4. Using the measuring units on a stick of butter
5. Portion plates- These pre -printed or formed plates are a really helpful concept, especially for people who are new to weight loss and clean eating. It takes the quess work out of eating the appropriate sized portion of protein, vegetables, and healthy carbohydrates.
6. Ice cream scooper- A typically sized scoop equals a ½ cup measurement. This can be a quick, easy solution if measuring a low-fat recipe chicken salad, Waldorf salad, mashed sweet potatoes, or brown rice.
Small steps and options make a difference when developing a meal plan for weight management. Write me here at www.PaulasHealthyLiving.com with any products or ideas that have worked for you.
Source URL: http://paulashealthyliving.com/portion-control-tools-in-your-kitchen/
Copyright ©2017 Paula's healthy living unless otherwise noted.