Sweet Potato Hash
Sweet Potato Hash (courtesy of Oxygen Magazine, January 2014)
Ready in 20 minutes • Makes 2 servings
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper
- 1 chicken jalapeno sausage, diced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 sweet potato, shredded
- Hot sauce (optional)
- 3 fresh sage leaves or 6 cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 eggs
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Sauté the onion, bell pepper, sausage and cumin. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the sweet potato and hot sauce. Cook 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the sage or cilantro and cook 1 minute. Remove from skillet and set on a plate.
- Fry the eggs for 3 minutes, flip, and cook an additional minute. Place eggs over hash. Season and serve.