Recipe courtesy of http://www.katiescucina.com/2013/09/chicken-pot-pies-puff-pastry-shells/
Chicken Pot Pies in Puff Pastry Shells
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- · 1 tbsp chicken fat (or oil)
- · 3 carrots peeled and sliced
- · 2 celery stalks, diced
- · 1 onion, diced
- · 1/2 cup frozen peas
- · 1/4 cup chicken broth
- · 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- · 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (cooked)
- · 1 tbsp cornstarch
- · 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- · 1 tbsp fresh parsley + more for garnish
- Heat a large pot to medium heat then add chicken fat (or oil), carrots, celery, and onion. Cook for 5 minutes with lid on. Then add frozen peas, chicken brother and poultry seasoning. Mix well, and cook for an additional 5 minutes with lid on.
- Once the veggies are soft sprinkle in 1 tablespoon of cornstarch over veggies, mix well then pour 1-1/2 cups of whole milk into the pot. Milk well and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. Stir in cooked shredded rotisserie chicken. Cook for 5 minutes until heated through. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon fresh parsley over the chicken pot pie mixture, stir and turn off heat.
- *While pot pie mixture cooks preheat oven and cook puff pastry shells to package instructions.
- Once the puff pastry shells are cooked, cut out the middles, stuff each shell with chicken pot pie filling and then top with puff pastry lid. Serve and enjoy.
*If chicken pot pie mixture seems to dry add more milk until desired creamy consistency.