There are tools/techniques that you can use to reduce stress (which reduces cortisol, that promotes belly and back fat). The side-effects of stress can cause a whole host of health issues and long term effects. Try some of these ideas to help manage the stress in your life:
1. Exercise- Exercise not only leads to higher energy levels, and a toned shape, but exercising releases endorphins. They lead to a more ‘blissful feeling’.
2. Organize your living/work space- A better managed environment leads to less time wasted looking for things and aids in a feeling of ease. Utilize a professional organizer if it’s really bad.
3.Sleep- The appetite stimulating hormone ghrelin, increases when you’re tired which may make you crave sweet foods, says the winter issue of Oxygen Magazine. I know from experiences that when I’m not sleeping well due to stress, I experience memory-loss and I am less patient.
4.Laugh- It helps raise your spirits and studies have shown that it promotes long-term good health.
5. Breathe-It is so important and underutilized. When I’m stressed and almost over-frustrated, I’ll stop, take a deep breath, close my eyes and release the breath slowly. I always feel more peaceful and more in control after.
6. Recognize your triggers that cause you to binge eat or drink to fill a void- It is a bottomless pit that can never be filled. Seek help from professionals if you are unable to find a way to control this issue.
7. Schedule down-time as a priority- What’s your passion? Painting, biking, writing, yoga, golf? It may seem selfish to take time for yourself, but it’s the best thing for you and your family. Re-charging your batteries makes you more focused, more patient, and more peaceful.
8. Turn off your social media mediums and disconnect. Even if it’s for one hour, it can give your mind an opportunity to calm down. Try not to bring social media into your bed before you go to sleep.
Finding ways to relieve your stress will help your state of mind, and lead to better long-term health.
Barre class- 1 hour
Biceps/back DVD- 45 minutes
1 cup egg whites, with spinach, mushrooms, broccoli slaw (130 cal.)
2 piece Ezekiel whole grain, no gluten bread with calorie free butter spray (160 cal.)
1 cup nonfat cottage cheese (160 cal.)
1/2 cup of blueberries (30 cal.)
low-carb ,whole wheat wrap with 1/2 cup black beans, 0 % Greek yogurt, mango salsa, 1 oz. , romaine- (300 cal.)
Salad – spinach, garbanzo beans, beets, zucchini, carrots, no calorie Caesar dressing (Waldon Farms)
(2 tbls.)(100 cal.)
1/3 cup home roasted, no-salt, spiced with Mrs. Dash Caribbean spice almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seed (165 cal.)
handful dark chocolate acai berries (120 cal.)
5 oz. Marinated flank steak (low sodium teriyaki) (210 cal.)
1/2 cup kale, mushrooms, scallions, pea pods, scallion, garlic, EVOO (90 cal.)
red tomato, fat free feta, basil EVOO (175 cal.)
1/2 cup raspberries, 1/4 cup breakfast cereal, 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt (150 cal.)
Homemade popcorn (90 cal.)
Print this post